The Farmhouse, built circa 1890, is the epitome of relaxed southern elegance. Over the past 100 years, electricity, plumbing, a modern kitchen and various heat sources have been added. Owner Tandi Haas, has furnished the home in period antiques, such as primitive farm tables, ladder back chairs, hutches and pie safes. Ms. Haas displays the work of local artists throughout the house, including metal sculptor, Grace Cathy and painter, David Stone. While excavating the out-buildings, Tandi’s son, Garrett , discovered pottery shards, old nails and various farm tools which are now displayed in shadow boxes throughout the house.
Our brides dress in The Bride's Room, an exquisitely appointed bedroom with magnificent views of Waynesville Mountain. Family can gather on the front porch in anticipation of the nuptials, while guests arrive in The Ceremony Orchards, and The Farmhouse Terrace is often used for small dinners, bridal luncheons and the occasional rehearsal dinner.
Located beside 500 feet of Plott Creek, and set amongst weeping willows and English walnut trees, The Corn Crib is the sparkling centerpiece of our facility. Built circa 1920, The 25’ x 25’ Corn Crib features old barn wood and a tin roof that makes it perfect for receptions, dancing, buffets, bands and more. Covered in twinkling lights and Mason jar lanterns, The Corn Crib creates an amazing fairytale-like setting for romantic evening receptions.
Adjacent to The Corn Crib, are the lawns. Large, open grassy areas surrounded by lush vegetation, The Lawns provide the perfect space for tented events. Complete with a fire pit, scattered hay bales, horseshoes, corn hole and other games, the lawns make a delightful setting for wedding receptions, family gatherings and corporate picnics.
Flanked by 100 year-old heirloom Sheep Nose apple trees and flowering Crabapples, The Ceremony Orchards provide a magical setting for your wedding ceremony. Guests can lounge on hay bales, old farm chairs and quilts while they relax in anticipation of your wedding. The nearby Dog Trot and The Spring House make for a picturesque approach to the alter for our brides as they begin their walk down the aisle.
Adjacent to The Farmhouse is what we call The Dog Trot. Built in 1799, it is believed to be the oldest standing building in Haywood County. The Dog Trot is a stacked log building that can be used for small dinner parties or romantic evenings. The Dog Trot originally stood where the Farmhouse now stands and was moved to its present location when the Farmhouse was built.
Believed to have been built in the early 1900's, The Spring House is a stacked stone structure that was originally used for the storage of eggs, milk, butter, root vegetables and other perishables. A fresh mountain stream still trickles through the Spring House keeping it naturally cool. Today, The Spring House is used for storing fresh flowers for your event, and also serves as an intimate venue for romantic dinners and wine tastings.
Originally built as a barn to house the yearly apple harvest, our Apple Blossom Studio is encased by 12 inch stone walls and serves as the headquarters for our décor and design offerings. Decorated in our signature style, it features an open floor plan with vaulted ceilings and a living area that opens to a large deck that overlooks The Farms’ grounds. The Apple Blossom Studio also includes a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom and serves as our groom’s dressing quarters.